Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo mail not pushing

Hi there

am using yahoo mail. Yes, I know should have changed to a different mail account a while ago seeing yahoos problems. But apparent from a barrage of spam about 2 years ago, I haven’t had any further major security issues. Still getting minor amounts of spam.

My yahoo mail has stopped sending push mails. I have gone to the password and accounts heading under the settings icon, clicked “fetch new data” which takes me to an accounts section. For some reason, I can only select manual or fetch as notifications for yahoo mail. Push is not an option. Have attached screenshot to evidence this. Can anyone please tell me how to select push yahoo mail. I am using iOS 13.3 on an iPhone 7plus. Thank you

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 8:42 PM

Hi Sinra,

You are absolutely right. Yahoo Mail does not allow PUSH however allows FETCH or MANUAL on the iPhone. This is something that is not in control of Apple. Yahoo sets the rules. Yahoo has its own Yahoo Mail app which you can download from the App Store and it will allow you to get PUSH mail.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 8:42 PM in response to sinra427

Hi Sinra,

You are absolutely right. Yahoo Mail does not allow PUSH however allows FETCH or MANUAL on the iPhone. This is something that is not in control of Apple. Yahoo sets the rules. Yahoo has its own Yahoo Mail app which you can download from the App Store and it will allow you to get PUSH mail.

Axel F.

Yahoo mail not pushing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.