Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving email notifications through Mail App as emails come in.

Hi, I have an iPhone X with the most updated OS & I am having trouble receiving email notifications through the Mail App as emails come into my inbox. The only time I see my emails coming through is when I open the Mail App. The weird thing is that I never had this issue with the Gmail App. I have tried everything I could find on YouTube and nothing. Here's what I've tried:

1. Deleted and re-added emails in Mail App
  2. Notifications settings are fine as well as Push/Fetch
  3. Background App Refresh is on for all Apps even though I don't see the Mail App there
  4. Reset Network settings
  5. My WiFi and data are fine

At this point, I'm contemplating going back to using my Gmail App but I wanted to see if someone can help me find a solution. Thanks in advance! Cheers

Posted on May 3, 2020 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 6:14 AM

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 6:14 AM in response to mykeniou

Have you enabled "Deliver Quietly"

Watch the GIF

Manage notifications

To manage your notifications from the Lock screen or Notification Center:

1. Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
    • Tap Manage, then select from these options: Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don't show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
    • Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

You can also tap Settings to change your alert styles or alert settings for a specific app. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

Not receiving email notifications through Mail App as emails come in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.