Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app not notifying for new emails

I have the iPhone 11 PM on iOS 14.4.2 and I have my two email accounts (gmail.com) connected in the Mail app. The problem I have is that neither email address is getting updated frequently to notify myself of new emails, I have to open the app manually and wait to download new emails. This isn’t ideal as 90% of the communication in my work is email based, so I’m only getting emails from the morning in the late afternoon when I open the app.

I have attached a ss of the fetch/push settings for the account.

For clarification, when the Mail app is opened and then emails download, I do receive a push notification but again it is a manual download.

Any help to solve this is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 26, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 5:39 PM

Hi dxxmcc,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

Sorry I'm no expert with iPhone. Seems from the image you have posted that your iPhone is set to "auto" download new data when it is "on power and wifi" for better battery life ? Might need to change that, if you don't always keep it plugged in to power when you want e-mails etc ?

Also: Apple Support have an article online to help with notifications:

You might want too customize your notification settings:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph6534c01bc/ios

Hope this helps you :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 5:39 PM in response to dxxmcc

Hi dxxmcc,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

Sorry I'm no expert with iPhone. Seems from the image you have posted that your iPhone is set to "auto" download new data when it is "on power and wifi" for better battery life ? Might need to change that, if you don't always keep it plugged in to power when you want e-mails etc ?

Also: Apple Support have an article online to help with notifications:

You might want too customize your notification settings:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph6534c01bc/ios

Hope this helps you :)

Mail app not notifying for new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.