Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simple payroll template for Numbers

I currently use a simple Excel template for calculating weekly payroll for our child care provider. I enter the start and end times for each day of the week, and there's an area for withholding percentages. The template generates the gross pay, net pay, and updates running totals for taxes withheld. An easy reset each quarter and I'm ready to go again.

My Excel is not compatible with Catalina, so I've tried to recreate it in Numbers. There's something funky with the way cells handle 'date and time' which is preventing it from working. Is anyone aware of a template that might work? I really don't want to have to buy a payroll application for something so simple. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 7:00 AM

Numbers and Excel handle date-time differently. If it's a simple document, why not open it in Numbers and post screenshots of the relevant parts where the formulas work in Excel but not in Numbers.

SG

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 31, 2020 8:10 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks SG,

I don't know if you're married, but I am, and when trying to find something I've mislaid all I have to do is ask my wife...and before the words are completely spoken my eyes will light right on the 'missing' item. Maybe others have the same experience?

Well, that's what has happened here. Posting to the forum helped me form the problem in my mind's eye, and within 5 minutes I had the solution to this issue, which had been vexing me for months! :)

I didn't feel TOO bad about the posting because a terrifically better solution than this bolted together Excel sheet might have been suggested, and I'd have been very open to changing to something more elegant.

But, end of the day, I have my Numbers solution and can continue with the upgrade to Catalina.

Thanks to you and all who entertained my question!

--Chris

Simple payroll template for Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.