Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from SD card straight to iCloud

I'm going on a trip to New York City soon and would like to make backups of the photos I take during the trip. (Using the Lightning to SD card reader and an iPad).

I take the photos with my Fuji camera and therefore they are on an SD card.

The problem is that the storage of my iPad is almost full.

Is it possible to move the photos from the SD card straight to iCloud?

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 11:25 AM

Sure, this is possible. Open icloud.com in Safari on your iPad. Open the iCloud Drive application on icloud.com. Connect your SD card to your iPad > Tap upload on icloud.com > Browser > Navigate to your SD card > Select the photos you wish to upload. This will upload the photos straight from your SD card onto iCloud Drive.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Colin045

Sure, this is possible. Open icloud.com in Safari on your iPad. Open the iCloud Drive application on icloud.com. Connect your SD card to your iPad > Tap upload on icloud.com > Browser > Navigate to your SD card > Select the photos you wish to upload. This will upload the photos straight from your SD card onto iCloud Drive.

Photos from SD card straight to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.