Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.0 or no copy to HD >>

I purchased new copy of Aperture 3.0. Now how do I get that to install from

my older version of 3.6?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 12:21 PM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2020 7:43 PM in response to Yer_Man

Have purchased another aperture v3.0; called apple tech support "cReative media". The answer

came back that I can use two on my mac-pRo. However, will the newer one update to 3.6

where this one is, remains in doubt. My main concern is how to "make copy" from EX-HD

travelor to any of 3-HDs in computer. After 17-tRies w various configurations, that is next. Now,

data recovery can adjudicative a full copy of five choices, as I have failed w largest of 313.5

GBs and not 310.59 GB's. Forty hours on phone this month, started on 4th of Jan 2020...

Feb 1, 2020 3:12 AM in response to R Ski

Say what now? Using standard grammar and typing conventions makes it a lot easier to understand you.

Have purchased another aperture v3.0; called apple tech support "cReative media". 

I have no idea why you're buying an app that was killed off 5 years ago, especially in a form that was killed off 7 years ago. I have no idea where you're buying it, but really, you should stop. It's a pointless exercise. Apple do not make Aperture any more. It is no longer developed. It's as dead as a dodo. I've no idea who is selling you these disks, but really, they should stop. "Creative Media", whoever they are, are not Apple tech support.

I'm afraid the rest of your post makes little sense to me. But I would suggest that the reason you've spent 40 hours on the phone dealing with this issue is because you're on a fool's errand.

Feb 1, 2020 4:36 AM in response to R Ski

You write: " Now how do I get that to install from my older version of 3.6?"

Do you already own Aperture 3.6? If you already have Aperture 3.6 installed on some Mac you can copy it to any mac you own. You do not need an istaller. Just copy the application from one Application folder to another. It will run on any mac with a compatible system version macOS 10.10.3 Yosemite to macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. But Aperture is incompatible with any newer system version since macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Aperture 3.0 or no copy to HD >>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.