Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing preview of pdfs

It used to be that if I wanted to save something as a PDF -- using the Print ( Command-P ) function -- a preview of the document would show up on the left side of the printer window.

Suddenly, no preview is available.

From online research, it looks like I should be able to select "Preview" in the dropdown menu that says things like Layout, Color Matching, etc... but where Preview should be, it just says Firefox. No Preview option.

FYI, i'm trying to print my own webpages, it's not like I'm trying to pirate something.

Please help! Thank you!!

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 3:14 PM

Firefox implements its own print panel, which does not provide a document preview.

If you want to see a document preview in a standard macOS print panel, either open the PDF with Apple's Preview application, or if downloaded, and viewed in Firefox, save the PDF to disk first, and then open with Apple's Preview.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 3:14 PM in response to edragonsong

Firefox implements its own print panel, which does not provide a document preview.

If you want to see a document preview in a standard macOS print panel, either open the PDF with Apple's Preview application, or if downloaded, and viewed in Firefox, save the PDF to disk first, and then open with Apple's Preview.

printing preview of pdfs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.