Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maintain order of photos in a slide show

I have tried to structure my photos manually for a slide show but the order changes as soon as I open the slide show again. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? (One I read about is iMovie but these are stills and I want a simple solution). Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 2:36 AM

Which version of Photos are you using? Where is your Photos Library stored?

When I want to create a slideshow with the photos in a certain order, I arrange the photos in an album, then create the slideshow from the album and use a theme with only one photo per slide. Photos will shufffle the photos, if we drag photos into a slideshow project. I ctrl-click the album and use the command "Create Slideshow".

See: How to turn an Album into a Slideshow and preserve the Sorting,2019 Version

But if the slideshow is reverting back, after you open it again, the Photos library may be damaged and cannot be saved properly. Is the library in your Pictures folder or on an external volume?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 2:36 AM in response to seekonkma

Which version of Photos are you using? Where is your Photos Library stored?

When I want to create a slideshow with the photos in a certain order, I arrange the photos in an album, then create the slideshow from the album and use a theme with only one photo per slide. Photos will shufffle the photos, if we drag photos into a slideshow project. I ctrl-click the album and use the command "Create Slideshow".

See: How to turn an Album into a Slideshow and preserve the Sorting,2019 Version

But if the slideshow is reverting back, after you open it again, the Photos library may be damaged and cannot be saved properly. Is the library in your Pictures folder or on an external volume?

Maintain order of photos in a slide show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.