Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to Apple ID on iPhone

I recently signed out of my Apple ID on my iPhone 7 to set up a VPN app. Now, every time I try to sign back in, the process fails. I put in my password, get a few moments of a screen saying that it's updating my Apple ID settings, and then it just disappears and goes back to the prompt to sign in.

My phone has also been having issues connecting to cellular services lately. Whenever I'm in or near my home, it always only shows one bar. Could that have something to do with it?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 10:17 AM

Have you tried signing in when WiFi is available? Have you tried disabling the VPN?

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 10:17 AM in response to BlakLite

Have you tried signing in when WiFi is available? Have you tried disabling the VPN?

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Can't sign in to Apple ID on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.