Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Esim activation

when i go for esim activation along with other physical sim card the i face a problem. My phone appears with a screen message that “ activation required” when i proceed then i get “invalid sim card” error. Esim alone working fine but not with other sim. Can any one please help me?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 2:15 AM

7 replies

Feb 2, 2020 2:32 AM in response to Axel Foley

Correct, Axel :-)

In the support article I posted, this is clearly pointed out:

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Giulio

Feb 2, 2020 2:27 AM in response to Pakxsmaxa2101

You stated that the eSIM works fine however Physical SIM gives you an invalid SIM error.

Question - Is the Physical SIM from the same carrier as the eSIM? The reason I ask is because your iPhone may be locked one carrier (eSIM) and therefore if the physical SIM is from another carrier then you will get that "Invalid SIM card" error.

Axel F.

Feb 2, 2020 3:12 AM in response to Pakxsmaxa2101

I also use an iPhone Xs Max with iOS13. I use an eSIM and a Physical SIM from two different carriers and they are T-Mobile and Verizon (iPhone was purchased SIM Free and unlocked). I have had no issues adding/switching eSIM plans along with my physical SIM. I am therefore stumped for an answer at this point except to recommend that you have a discussion with Apple Support if you have not already.

Axel F.

Esim activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.