Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing folders after Migration

I used MA to move my files to my new MacBook Pro (Mojave) from my iMac (mid-2011 High Sierra).

Mail on the MBP opens and works. However, the many Mail folders I had stored "On My Mac" do not show up. Through an earlier question I was helped to see that the .mbox files have transferred. I have a lot (several hundred) of folders (some with attachments) since I've been using Mail to organize some parts of my life for many years.

Is there a way to get these back into Mail in the way they were organized on my iMac? I'm really concerned about messing this up.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 11:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 3, 2020 6:30 PM in response to Lowlander

Thanks very much. It took a while and there appear to be some minor inconsistencies. But with 180 folders/subfolders and 34,000 messages, I can live with it.

For anyone reading this in the future, a note: Be sure to expand all the folders/subfolders so the whole tree is visible before selecting all. My first try resulted in only exporting the top level folders of the tree. Bummer. I had to start over from scratch.

Missing folders after Migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.