Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange conversation history in mail on Mac (Catalina)

Hello,

I just added two Exchange (Microsoft Outlook) accounts to my mail app. There were about 10000 emails to migrate so I turned on caffeinate in terminal and let it download. When I came back, I saw all emails were downloaded, but whereas my existing gmail account has multiple labels in the sidebar, all I saw for my exchange accounts were "Conversation History". These tabs are empty.

Is there any way to get my other emails in there? I can see them in the general inbox. Does this mean not all of my emails migrated, or that they're just in the general mailbox?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 9:44 AM

Hello ehman1luv,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue with your email not showing your conversation history. I'm happy to help you find some information.

First, make please make sure conversations is turned on. " It’s easy to turn conversations on or off. In Mail, choose View > Organize by Conversation (a checkmark shows it’s on)." Here is a resource that can assist you:

View email conversations in Mail on Mac

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know. 

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 9:44 AM in response to ehman1luv

Hello ehman1luv,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue with your email not showing your conversation history. I'm happy to help you find some information.

First, make please make sure conversations is turned on. " It’s easy to turn conversations on or off. In Mail, choose View > Organize by Conversation (a checkmark shows it’s on)." Here is a resource that can assist you:

View email conversations in Mail on Mac

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know. 

Have a great day!

Feb 5, 2020 10:28 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I tried that but think we're talking about two different things. If you look at the screen shot, you can see that my conversation history folder in exchange is empty. I seem to be getting all my new emails, but don't see the old ones. Just want to make sure everything transferred for my own convenience/ability to search mail.

Does that clear anything up?

Thanks!

Exchange conversation history in mail on Mac (Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.