Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove restrictions from a managed macOS account

I have a MacBook Air that was set up for me by the state college where I worked when I got it. They somehow set up my administrator account as mobile and managed, and I can't edit it or delete it at all. They set it up so that I can't edit the account, remove the restrictions, or delete the account. How did they do this? Is there some configuration file or something I can delete to regain control of my account. I no longer work at that college, and I would like to remove the college configuration. I don't have a lot of files on this account, so I could even move the files to a new account, but I wouldn't be able to delete this managed one afterwards. Any help?

---

MacBook Air 13" (Early 2015)

macOS Sierra

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB Memory

128GB Storage

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 3:09 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2020 4:19 PM in response to macOS_Master

You can migrate in the files and docs from specific users during Migration Assistant, yes.

How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

I’d create a second complete backup (clone), as that'll usually be (much) faster than unpacking a Time Machine backup.

If you have a couple of external scratch disks, create the backup clone on one, then install macOS on the other, and test.

Can't remove restrictions from a managed macOS account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.