Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to move Gmail email in Ipad Mini 4 Mail app

There is an email which keeps appearing when using the GMail Inbox on my Ipad Mini.

You are unable to click it to make it disappear, it just fades away, but reappears when next going into Mail.

It isn't showing at GMail server, PC inbox or iphone X inbox.

When swiping used pages to get rid of them, the email shows and I swipe it away, but it keeps reappearing.

Can someone please advise how I can lose this email as it has been showing for a while now?

Thank you

iPad mini 4, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 3:42 AM

Perhaps your initial question wasn’t clear in explaining your issue.

If your are using the Google Mail App - and have problems with it - then you’ll need to seek assistance from the App Developer (i.e., Google).

By contrast, if you are accessing your Gmail account with the native (i.e., built-in) Apple Mail App, then your problem may be with the Mail App - or perhaps with Google.

So, on the basis of your previous reply, let’s assume the latter - and that you have actually setup the native Apple Mail App to access your Gmail account...

Your first troubleshooting step is to delete the Gmail account from your iPad. Nothing should be lost as all your Gmail should be residing on Googles mail servers.

Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [Your Gmail Account] > Delete Account

Once the account has been deleted, restart your iPad - the re-add the Gmail account. All your email should be restored to your device.

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 3:42 AM in response to francespreston

Perhaps your initial question wasn’t clear in explaining your issue.

If your are using the Google Mail App - and have problems with it - then you’ll need to seek assistance from the App Developer (i.e., Google).

By contrast, if you are accessing your Gmail account with the native (i.e., built-in) Apple Mail App, then your problem may be with the Mail App - or perhaps with Google.

So, on the basis of your previous reply, let’s assume the latter - and that you have actually setup the native Apple Mail App to access your Gmail account...

Your first troubleshooting step is to delete the Gmail account from your iPad. Nothing should be lost as all your Gmail should be residing on Googles mail servers.

Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [Your Gmail Account] > Delete Account

Once the account has been deleted, restart your iPad - the re-add the Gmail account. All your email should be restored to your device.

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the issue.

Feb 4, 2020 9:42 AM in response to francespreston

Update - I have carried out the suggested advice, deleted GMail account, and reinstalled. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the issue.

The email shows when accessing Mail from other apps, eg Safari, or social media. I can swipe the email away, but if I try to click it disappears, but returns!

It really is strange and quite annoying. The email does not appear on my iphone email account or PC.

Any other ideas please?

Unable to move Gmail email in Ipad Mini 4 Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.