Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Connection

Since last June I have had trouble with the wifi connection being dropped from my phone and it then uses all my data without letting me know it is no longer connected. I have had our internet provider to the house and we obtained boosters for all of our levels, however I still think my husband and myself are using a lot of data (over 2 gbs a week) and we do not stream or game and should be connected to our house Wifi at all times. It seems to be mostly when we are home and I was wondering if after an update to the iphone do we need to adjust or reset something on our phones?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Hi @Hidee7! For my previous phone provider I would shut off the Cellular Data on my iPhone when I was home and using WiFi. That way I wouldn't use any data. Maybe you could try this until the problem is resolved!? Also, check in Settings > Cellular to see which apps are currently able to use Cellular Data and which apps are using the most data in your billing period. I would recommend turning off all the apps you don't regularly use, as this will also help save data. Hope this helped a little bit!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 1:21 PM in response to Hidee7

Hi @Hidee7! For my previous phone provider I would shut off the Cellular Data on my iPhone when I was home and using WiFi. That way I wouldn't use any data. Maybe you could try this until the problem is resolved!? Also, check in Settings > Cellular to see which apps are currently able to use Cellular Data and which apps are using the most data in your billing period. I would recommend turning off all the apps you don't regularly use, as this will also help save data. Hope this helped a little bit!

Wifi Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.