You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to get music on wife’s phone while using Music family plan

My wife just got a new phone, but when she clicks on music it is not registering that she is on a family plan. This was working fine on her old phone. We have checked her Apple ID and she’s logged in correctly, we have also confirmed that music is turned on under family subscription in iTunes settings.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:39 PM

Make sure she is also invited to join the Family Sharing Plan. And that she has accepted the invitation on her new iPhone. See the "Invite people to join your family" section in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 3, 2020 7:50 PM in response to Maver_shan

Hi, are you also using separate Apple IDs that are linked together as a “family” via Apple’s Family Sharing or do you share the same Apple ID across devices. If you have separate IDs and are using Family Sharing, have you tried going to Settings, clicking the logged in Apple ID at the top of the page and then clicking on Family Sharing to verify that both a) her ID appears in the list of Family Members , and b) Apple Music is turned On in the list of Shared Features. I know you mentioned that Music is turned on in “iTunes settings” but the Music setting on the “iTunes and App Store” settings page corresponds to Automatic Downloads. It’s a little confusing now that the Music app has taken over for iTunes, so I’m not quite sure if you actually mean that you checked the “Music” settings or the “iTunes and App Store” settings. Either way, the settings I’m referring to are under the Settings > [Logged in user’s Apple ID] > Family Sharing.

Unable to get music on wife’s phone while using Music family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.