Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPad to new computer

I’m buying a new computer. All files will be transferred to a new computer. Will I still have to sync my iPad to the new computer using iTunes?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 2:08 PM

That is up to you. Syncing an iPad to the computer is generally used to update music from your iTunes Library, and backing the iPad up with iTunes. You also have the ability to sync photos to the iPad from the computer if you wish. You can also import photos from the iPad camera roll to the computer using an import utility on the computer. So, depending on how you manage your data, you may need to sync the iPad to the new computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 2:08 PM in response to dawninkw

That is up to you. Syncing an iPad to the computer is generally used to update music from your iTunes Library, and backing the iPad up with iTunes. You also have the ability to sync photos to the iPad from the computer if you wish. You can also import photos from the iPad camera roll to the computer using an import utility on the computer. So, depending on how you manage your data, you may need to sync the iPad to the new computer.

Syncing iPad to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.