Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Won't Replace Files on Catalina

So this is an issue I've only run into when I upgraded to Catalina. When I save a file as the same name as another and hit replace, the program saves. But when I got to finder, the file hasn't been replaced. Is there some way to fix this?

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 10:10 AM

Well, no obvious causes there, but you do seem to have several system modifications that come from earlier macs. In particular, all these NVIDIA stuff looks like is not doing anything useful on your Mac Pro.

These things that sometimes happen, sometimes don't, are of course harder to pin down.

You might try a clean install on a separate drive and test to see how it goes.

It is still a mystery.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 10:10 AM in response to ktheorin1

Well, no obvious causes there, but you do seem to have several system modifications that come from earlier macs. In particular, all these NVIDIA stuff looks like is not doing anything useful on your Mac Pro.

These things that sometimes happen, sometimes don't, are of course harder to pin down.

You might try a clean install on a separate drive and test to see how it goes.

It is still a mystery.

Feb 5, 2020 8:31 AM in response to ktheorin1

This is the first time I've heard of this. It certainly is a reason for concern, but it is not a widespread problem.

Try deleting Finder preferences: press command-shift-G, type

~/Library/Preferences

drag com.apple.Finder.plist to the trash, and force relaunch the Finder, or logout and back in

If this does not fix it, please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Finder Won't Replace Files on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.