Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) battery is suddenly not charging and stays at 1%.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) battery is suddenly not charging and stays at 1%.

Earlier this year two of my MegaSafe 2 was overheated . Now i have purchased new mega Safe 2 thinking the problem is with the earlier Mega Safe 2. With the new MegaSafe 2 laptop is working but its not charging (Stays 1% battery, when i remove the Mega Safe then the laptop is immediatly died.

The battery replacement support page is indicating this Mid 2015 model have problem with battery over heating, seems i had this problem as well. However the when i enter series number then it reports that this series numbers are not covered in this replacement project.

Can anyone suggest what to do further ?

I am planning to give a call to Apple care support.

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:47 PM

The charger may no longer work or the battery needs to be replaced. Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Similar questions

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.