Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 13.0.4 Broken on Apple ID Logins?

Hi:

Safari 13.0.4 on my High Sierra MBP broke yesterday It works fine on all logins except those requiring my Apple ID. I can login to everything requiring my Apple ID, and everything else, using Firefox and Chrome on this machine. Also, Safari works fine in all contexts on my Catalina MBA. Below is a screenshot showing the type of message I get when Safari on my High Sierra MBP fails to get me to a login screen where I would need to use my Apple ID. Help?

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 5:32 AM

Hi donv! Yes, it's been broken since yesterday afternoon. Same here with Safari 13.0.5. The PTB are aware of it and they are working on it. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted soon. I really don't like Firefox and I refuse to use Chrome as I do not like being tracked!

Similar questions

29 replies

Feb 7, 2020 9:57 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

I'm having the same problem starting yesterday too (Firefox is working).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251109069

I have High Sierra and Safari 13.0.5 (I was having the same problem with Safari 12). I have Sierra on an external drive, I tried it from there and it worked (it had Safari 11.0.3). I can upgrade to Mojave if neccessary, but not Catalina because I need 32 bit app support.

Feb 6, 2020 5:42 AM in response to macjack

Thank you much mj. Why an I having no problem with Safari on my Catalina MBP? "Also, Safari works fine in all contexts on my Catalina MBA." I am with you on Firefox and Chrome. Firefox is ugly, and Chrome is as you say. And, actually, I had tried upgrading to 13.0.5. Glad I didn't start cloning back or reinstalling High Sierra otherwise. I was tempted. I'm in 13.0.4 in Catalina.

Feb 6, 2020 5:57 AM in response to macjack

I'd bet that's it. 😇 But, hey, I worked hard to get a Catalina MBA. I went to an Apple Store and questioned "everyone" thoroughly to make sure that if I bought a machine at the store, then I would get a Catalina machine. Got home, set it up, and, well, ugh, it was a Mohave. I wanted to start with a perfectly clean slate so I took the MBA back. A few days later I felt returners remorse because I didn't know how long it would be before I would have been absolutely guaranteed to get a Catalina MBA. I got the Store to get me one from their latest delivery, knowing that was no real insurance on getting a Catalina. And, I didn't. So I upgraded immediately to Catalina. All has been good with the MBA except maybe a few minor things I pay no attention to. I am glad I didn't get an MBP, especially a 16."

Feb 7, 2020 10:35 AM in response to electrostatic

The issue isn't on your end. Interesting that it works in Safari 11.0.3. That's the tough part because it works on some model Macs but not on others. Also works on the same models but with different versions of Safari.

Sure, you can upgrade to Mojave, you probably should anyway because Sierra is no longer supported and Mojave should be supported for almost 2 years.

At any rate, engineering is aware of this and is working on it.

Feb 9, 2020 7:32 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your reply Eric. I am sorry to hear about your High Sierra installation. I have been wondering if a fix is coming. I wish I had the figures to make a guesstimate of the probability of fixing Safari by upgrading to Mohave or Catalina and not ending up with a more serious problem, particularly in the case of Catalina. I hope the ASDEs choose to behave responsibly and fix Safari or tell us they are not going to do so and why not.

Safari 13.0.4 Broken on Apple ID Logins?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.