Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An application on Safari will not respond to signin data

An application on Safari (Version 14.0.3) will not recognize the sign-in ID & password. Google Chrome accepts the sign-in data. Have changed the ID & password without luck. Talked with IT tech of application company & he decided Safari the problem.

Have not found any other application that rejects the sign-in data. Does this refute the decision of the IT tech?

Require some suggestions or a solution

MacBook Air 13inch Early 2015

OS Mojave 10.14.6

Safari version 14.0.3

No pending updates for Mojave or Safari.

I thank in advance for the assistance that will soon arrive.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:29 AM

Hi musiu,

Thank you for clarifying the issue you're facing when attempting to sign in to the website. When presented with the error that the username or password is incorrect it generally leads to reaching out to the website developer or service provider for additional support. Before it leads there are you manually typing in the username and password, or is the password being automatically filled in? If it's automatically being filled in, clear the existing text, and retype the username and password.

If you continue to have issues after re-entering the passcode, or the correct information is already entered. You can isolate the issue further by logging in to a different user account on the Mac, then see if the same issue persists for this website. If you don't have another user account you can create a test user by following the steps in the article below.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, are you having issues logging in to any other website or just this website? If it's only this website it may be best to continue working with the website developer. You can also reach out to Apple using the available contact details found on the Get Support website.

Take care!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 9:29 AM in response to musiu

Hi musiu,

Thank you for clarifying the issue you're facing when attempting to sign in to the website. When presented with the error that the username or password is incorrect it generally leads to reaching out to the website developer or service provider for additional support. Before it leads there are you manually typing in the username and password, or is the password being automatically filled in? If it's automatically being filled in, clear the existing text, and retype the username and password.

If you continue to have issues after re-entering the passcode, or the correct information is already entered. You can isolate the issue further by logging in to a different user account on the Mac, then see if the same issue persists for this website. If you don't have another user account you can create a test user by following the steps in the article below.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, are you having issues logging in to any other website or just this website? If it's only this website it may be best to continue working with the website developer. You can also reach out to Apple using the available contact details found on the Get Support website.

Take care!

Feb 16, 2021 3:53 PM in response to musiu

Hello musiu,

It sounds like you're having issues signing in to an account via a website in Safari, but you have no issues when signing in via a different web browser. To clarify a bit further is the issue with the website not loading? For example, you enter the sign in credentials, but the website doesn't load or perform any task after doing so, or are you presented with the error that the username or password is incorrect?

If you're not presented with the error that the username or password is incorrect the following article may help with reaching a resolution.

If features on a webpage don't work in Safari on Mac

Have a great day!

Feb 17, 2021 8:23 AM in response to musiu

Nicolas_B2 Thanks from Frigid Houston

Unfortunately I do receive "username or password is incorrect?"

Now what next? I tried to remove cookies without success. They continue to reappear. I am searching for corrective steps but have not found. Also to add to my miseries internet service interrupted to in area due to weather but service just returned.

Hope you have another recommendation.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Joseph_S. Many thanks you truly a Master of sign-in issues.

I tried your first suggestions of manually typing in ID and password. Yes, immediately it went through & sign in completed. I never thought of this approach. I did change my password earlier so it had been entered manually. Yes, I discussed issue with web site tech. I also signed in to other web sites without issues.

I also removed most cookies but encountered problem with this procedure. The cookies kept reappearing. With persistance now only 2 remain.

Thanks again for your assistance. I filed your recommendations for future use if required.

Feb 17, 2021 2:19 PM in response to musiu

Hi musiu,

We're glad manually re-entering your login information resolved the issue, and was able to get you signed in successfully. It sounds as though your older password may have been saved in the web browser, and autofilling in to the website.

If you need any assistance in the future Apple Support Communities is a great place for assistance.

Take care!

Feb 17, 2021 7:19 PM in response to jdo_apple

jdo_apple

Yes the recommendation worked. Appreciate your comments and will probably need them sometime in the future.

Without any doubt this board outstanding for assistance. Yes I already have another question pending about removing cookies in Safari.

Appreciate your following my post to provide assistance.

Thanks much

Mar 2, 2021 7:01 AM in response to musiu

Hello musiu,

It's our pleasure! In regards to clearing the history and website data in Safari this can be done by opening Safari, clicking Safari in the top menu bar, followed by Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data, after a few moments website data should appear in the Window. Once the information loads click Remove All.

Take care!

An application on Safari will not respond to signin data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.