Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort faces/people alphabetically in people folder in photots

How do I sort faces/people alphabetically in people folder in photos?

MacBook Air 13", 10.15

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 11:27 AM

You can only sort the faces in the People album manually by dragging them into the order you want. When doing that, you have to be very careful and avoid dragging one face onto another face, or the two persons will be merged.

By default, the people in the People album will be sorted by the date you add them to the People album.

You may want to send feedback to Apple with a feature request. You can use this form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

If we have a large Photos Library with many named people in the library, it is nearly impossible to sort the faces manually. In my library, with currently 868 named people in the library, I have to drag a face across more than twenty pages of faces to arrange them in the correct alphabetical order. It easy to make a mistake and drop the dragged face accidentally. and the arrangement of the people in the album does not even sync with iCloud Photos, so I have to do this on every device separatelym again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 11:27 AM in response to JoyJoy12

You can only sort the faces in the People album manually by dragging them into the order you want. When doing that, you have to be very careful and avoid dragging one face onto another face, or the two persons will be merged.

By default, the people in the People album will be sorted by the date you add them to the People album.

You may want to send feedback to Apple with a feature request. You can use this form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

If we have a large Photos Library with many named people in the library, it is nearly impossible to sort the faces manually. In my library, with currently 868 named people in the library, I have to drag a face across more than twenty pages of faces to arrange them in the correct alphabetical order. It easy to make a mistake and drop the dragged face accidentally. and the arrangement of the people in the album does not even sync with iCloud Photos, so I have to do this on every device separatelym again.

Sort faces/people alphabetically in people folder in photots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.