Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a photo from my photo library to my desktop but I want to delete it form my desktop but still keep the phot

How do I delete a desktop background photo from my desktop but still keep the photo.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Is the photo being used as your Desktop background? If so then just use System/Desktop & Screen Saver preference pane to change the photo to use.

If you exported a file to the Desktop from your library it's still in your library so just delete it from the Desktop. It won't affect the the file in the library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 10:52 AM in response to Bootsie47

Is the photo being used as your Desktop background? If so then just use System/Desktop & Screen Saver preference pane to change the photo to use.

If you exported a file to the Desktop from your library it's still in your library so just delete it from the Desktop. It won't affect the the file in the library.

I sent a photo from my photo library to my desktop but I want to delete it form my desktop but still keep the phot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.