Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messaging from iMac

I just had someone here yesterday that is a computer tech but I'm still having the same problem. Sometimes when I text from my iMac, it fails to send. Yet, when I send from my iPhone, no problem. He checked my settings and said they seem to be in order. I've even gone so far as to log out of Messenger and log back in and try to send but I still get the same message Failed to Deliver. I've logged in and out and synced but still to no avail. On looking more closely, it appears to be when trying to text as MMS. Those don't go through. iPhone to iPhone Fails to Deliver. However, if I send a message to both Android and Apple iPhone, it goes through as SMS and both parties receive the message. Has anyone had this problem. I'm not a techie so if you can help, please bear that in mind. Thanks so much.

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (Use Safe Mode to isoloate issues with your Mac and Playing Safe: what does Safe Mode do?) and try texting from there. Reboot normally and try again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

3 replies

Feb 6, 2020 10:18 AM in response to virginiafrompunta gorda

im not an expert but these things I would check on...I don't know your version of operating system but still do the checks.

Launch iMessage on the Mac and go to preferences then if you are using an Appleid , which you should then check box iCloud if shown.

Then on your iPhone go to system preferences and select Messaging and under Text Message forwarding make sure your Mac is turned on. You can get its name by going back to the Mac under system preferences then Sharing looking at Computer Name.

Good luck

Text messaging from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.