Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max - Proximity Sensor after lock and unlock

When I unlock phone and call somebody screen goes black normally but won't turn on so I can press end call. But if I DON'T LOCK the phone and call people again everything works great, like no delay, no problems with proximity sensor.

But.. when I lock phone, unlock again and call, same problem. Proximity Sensor does not work or delay is like 3-5 sec.

Yes, I have full screen protector but proximity sensor works great if I don't lock the phone before calling somebody.

Any advice? Software iOS 13.3.1 problem?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 6:57 AM

The screen should not go black when you make a call unless you hold the phone to your face. And as soon as you remove it from your face the screen should come back on. If it doesn’t most likely either your case or the screen protector are partially blocking the sensor.

3 replies

Feb 7, 2020 7:03 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, it goes black normally when I put phone close to my ear. (forget to describe that) But when I move from my ear and want to end the call it stays black.

But, If I make next 10 calls without locking the phone before any call everything works perfect, without any delay or staying black after moving phone from ear.

iPhone 11 Pro Max - Proximity Sensor after lock and unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.