Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black/Dark Spor on Screen

Fellas, could you explain to me about this kind of cases? I have black/dark spot on left of my iphone screen. It appears only on the left side of the screen, the right one is still OK. The worst part is that the dark spot is sooo long. What should I do?

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 6:34 PM

Hello devi225,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand there's a dark spot on the screen. I'll be happy to help and point you to the right place.

There does appear to be a screen protector. See if the dark spot is removed after removing that. You can also try the steps here if you have other issues with the touch screen: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

If there are still issues or it still appears, it might be related to hardware. Here are some repair options: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 6:34 PM in response to devi225

Hello devi225,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand there's a dark spot on the screen. I'll be happy to help and point you to the right place.

There does appear to be a screen protector. See if the dark spot is removed after removing that. You can also try the steps here if you have other issues with the touch screen: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

If there are still issues or it still appears, it might be related to hardware. Here are some repair options: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Black/Dark Spor on Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.