Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep podcast episodes on watch after having listened completely to it

Hi,

I'm subscribed to a couple of podcasts on my iPhone SE. I always keep the last 3 episodes of a podcast on my phone.

The podcasts are being automatically synced to my Apple Watch (series 3). This works perfectly.

However, I do have an annoying problem. Once I've listened completely to an episode, the episode gets automatically removed from my watch. That means that I can't listen to it when I go out for a run. The episode does remain on the iPhone itself - no issue over there.

I tried searching everywhere, trying to figure out if this is a setting or if can I change this behaviour, but I couldn't.

I did found this article: https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/HT204691. This one states the following:

Episodes are automatically removed from your Apple Watch after you listen to them.

But the article does not explain how I can disable this.

Any idea if I can keep the episodes on my watch after having listened completely to it?

Thanks!

Jochen

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 1:48 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 9, 2020 2:57 AM in response to jochenhebbrecht

On the phone in settings/podcasts there is an entry that says Delete Played Episodes and this can be turned on or off,I'm not sure if this applies to the watch as well but it's worth a try.

The reason that I'm not sure is because I don't listen to podcasts on the watch.

Feb 9, 2020 3:26 AM in response to jochenhebbrecht

Like I said I don't listen to podcasts on the watch so I would suggest searching on the watch app store or the phone app store they usually tell you if there is a watch version of the app as well.

Keep podcast episodes on watch after having listened completely to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.