Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD problem when booting

Dear friends,

After installing MacOS Catalina on my Macbook I had problems starting Bootcamp with Windows. I decided to erase the partition but in the moment I tried to create 2 partition i couldnt start my Mac anymore. During the boot and the Apple logo i receive a message in more languages that the Mac cannot start because of a problem.

Actually I connected my SSD to another Mac and:

• Some programs like Disk Drill can see the SSD and the partition in there with all the files.
  • Utility disk see the SSD but don´t let me do any action and Disk Warrior cannot see the SSD

Any help would be appreaciate.

Thank you,

Daniel

Macbook Pro Early 2011, Kingston SSDNow 240GB

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 11:17 AM

You cannot have but two partitions with Boot Camp - macOS and Windows. Trying to add another partition will break the boot loader. Your only solution at this point is to reformat the drive as a single macOS volume and reinstall macOS.

If you really do have an Early-2011 MBP, then you cannot install Mojave or Catalina. According to Apple the last supported version of macOS is High Sierra - 10.13.6. Before you progress farther, you need to clarify what Mac model you have. To find the model's complete information, select About This Mac from the Apple menu.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 11:17 AM in response to cooldaniel1991

You cannot have but two partitions with Boot Camp - macOS and Windows. Trying to add another partition will break the boot loader. Your only solution at this point is to reformat the drive as a single macOS volume and reinstall macOS.

If you really do have an Early-2011 MBP, then you cannot install Mojave or Catalina. According to Apple the last supported version of macOS is High Sierra - 10.13.6. Before you progress farther, you need to clarify what Mac model you have. To find the model's complete information, select About This Mac from the Apple menu.

SSD problem when booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.