Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Security Update 2020-001

A friend of mine, who unfortunately is currently living 250 miles away, attempted to install 2020-001. As it said it was going to take 35 minutes, she left home to do some sort of errands. She says that when she came home, the computer had shut itself off, and that there was "some sort of problem". Today, the iMac (late 2015) is "acting up". Unfortunately, that's all I know.

Does anyone have a suggested workflow for getting this system back up and running? Restoring using the last Time Machine backup before the update as a "placeholder" to at least stabilize the system and make it usable? Reinstall Mojave from Recovery partition?

Thanks in advance.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 10:11 AM

Without more details, I would go first for a restore from Time Machine. Assuming there is a very recent backup. If it is possible, I recommend to save all recent work (files, documents...) on an external drive before.

WD

Similar questions

1 reply

Mojave Security Update 2020-001

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.