Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps saying my storage is full, but I have enough space?

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with a problem for some weeks now. My iPhone said that my iCloud was full and also the storage of the iPhone itself. I removed thousands of photos and a lot of apps which gave me some space on my iCloud, but not enough so today I decided to buy 2TB extra space for my iCloud. My iPhone still says that my iPhone storage is full. My phone has 64GB and 40GB of that is taken by photos. On my iCloud I used 208GB from the 2TB and 185GB of that are photos. So I have the option for uploading pictures from iPhone storage to iCloud on, but it just won't upload this 40GB of photos that is on my iPhone storage to my iCloud? How can I move this 40GB of photos from iPhone storage to my iCloud? And when I am trying to make a picture I keep getting the message: "iPhone storage is full. Not enough storage to make a video or picture." and when I want to download an app I get the message: "Cannot download this app. Not enough storage to download this app." But why? I don't get it, I have so much space left on my iCloud. I googled for answers to this problem, but the only thing that comes up is put on the option to upload photos to your iCloud. As I already have that I don't know what to do about it. I will upload some screenshots so you can see the problem although it's in Dutch haha. I really hope there is someone that can help me!! Thank you in advance!

Photo 1. iPhone storage

Photo 2. iCloud storage

Photo 3. Message that I can't make a photo or video

Photo 4. Message that I can't download an app

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 7:33 AM

Hello annavirginia,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are receiving a message that your iPhone storage is full whenever you try to take a new photo/video or when trying to download an app. If you haven't already, you may want to try optimizing your iPhone storage as described in the article below:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 7:33 AM in response to annavirginia

Hello annavirginia,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are receiving a message that your iPhone storage is full whenever you try to take a new photo/video or when trying to download an app. If you haven't already, you may want to try optimizing your iPhone storage as described in the article below:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Feb 12, 2020 12:14 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden!

Thank you for your answer! I've had contact with someone from Apple. They told me that no matter how much space you have in your iCloud, the phone will always keep 1/4 of GB of the photos in the storage of the iPhone itself! I never knew that. If I knew that I would never buy a 64GB at the time. Luckily my telephone subscription had ended a couple of weeks ago. At first, I didn't want to get a new iPhone, cause I thought that my iPhone 8 Plus was still good, but now I decided to get a new one (iPhone 11) with 128GB. Thanks anyway for your answer!

Kind regards,

Anna

iPhone keeps saying my storage is full, but I have enough space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.