Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone storage full, iCloud only 250GB of 2TB

Hi,

I don’t know what to try next. My 128GB iPhone 11 is saying it’s is full. It already seemingly offloaded 20000 of my 30000 photos on its own one day (hoping to the iCloud). I assumed the iCloud was now full so I upgraded to the 2TB. I have made sure it is on the setting to auto upload and optimise storage, however I only have 10000 photos on my phone now compared to 30000 I once had plus I had three times the amount of apps. I’ve basically deleted all extra apps except fb , messenger and my banking app.

Storage is still showing as full. iCloud seems to be uploading a couple of odd photos a day but some days none. So I tried to manually upload on safari but it said “error only files in JPEG format can be uploaded”

When I try to delete photos I don’t need from my phone they just bounce back and if they do manage to get into the recently deleted folder when I try to delete from there they won’t go.

This is beyond frustrating. I can barely open messenger anymore. I’m not really sure what else I can do. I wish iPhone had a “clear data” option for apps like Facebook. Perhaps I’ll have to delete the app and reinstall. However when I deleted Twitter, Instagram , YouTube, WhatsApp, etc it seemingly made no difference to my problems.

in short - my phone is saying it’s full, it’s 100% not, it’s barely allowing me to delete anything, it’s not uploading to iCloud properly either.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 4:25 PM

If your device's storage is full, see the following, check the following first - How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, then try --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhuHSv_WrI

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 10, 2020 4:59 PM in response to DawnUnicorn

in short - my phone is saying it’s full, it’s 100% not, it’s barely allowing me to delete anything, it’s not uploading to iCloud properly either.

if your phone is full.... iCloud can't help you with that.

iCloud is not off device storage as you seem to think it is. It supplements your device storage, not replace it.

The video Zinacef refers you to can help.

Phone storage full, iCloud only 250GB of 2TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.