Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vo2MAX readings on Apple Watch changed suddenly

My Vo2MAX increased constantly and in line with increasing running 6 days a week for 18 months. I’ve had an Apple Watch S1, S3, and S4 currently. Suddenly with the introduction of iOS13/Watch OS6 my 36.9 collapsed 6 points to 30 overnight. It’s now constantly staying the same despite medical tests telling me it’s at 38.7 which isn’t bad for a 58 year old who lost 80lbs two years ago and used to be 25.2.

So is there some way of calibrating it? Why is it like it on my S4 but is stable as was on my partners S3 I used for a week to test it, at 37.2!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 10, 2020 2:45 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for the reply but I’ve tried all of that at least four times now and it’s made no difference. In essence Watch 4 when the OS sent from 5 to 6 on that day is when the Vo2MAX calculus changed and nothing has reversed it, no calibration nothing. I don’t have tattoos there and there’s no medical or obvious reason. The reading is frustrating because every other measure of fitness has improved drastically over the period.

Vo2MAX readings on Apple Watch changed suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.