Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Issues after Drink Spill

I wanted some advice on what to do after spilling a Yerba Mate (sugary caffeinated, carbonated drink) all over my MBP keyboard. I wiped off the keyboard immediately after the spill, but some of the liquid seeped below the keys and they're now a bit sticky and hard to depress.

Aside from this, I have regular keyboard issues where none of the keys work for about 1-2 minutes. This happens a couple of times every week.

Any DIY solutions would be appreciated, as well as input on what Apple could potentially do if I took it in to the store.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 12:44 PM

Fluids in a computer causes unpredictable damage. Genius Bar may disassemble in store or may send off the a depot for evaluation. Only after disassembly and testing can anyone tell you the extent of the damage.

Delays only make things worse as materials in the computer degrade. Running it any more, except MAYBE to get a backup is not advised.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 12:44 PM in response to hschnibs

Fluids in a computer causes unpredictable damage. Genius Bar may disassemble in store or may send off the a depot for evaluation. Only after disassembly and testing can anyone tell you the extent of the damage.

Delays only make things worse as materials in the computer degrade. Running it any more, except MAYBE to get a backup is not advised.

Keyboard Issues after Drink Spill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.