Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 12.4.5 battery drain on iphone 6

Latest update is draining battery and seems to have effected email downloads. Anyone have any ideas. Just plummets to single figures in the space of 30mins whereas it never used to before this upgrade.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 12:02 PM

23 replies

Feb 15, 2020 2:43 PM in response to MariaArm44

I found a fix last night. Charge your phone to 100%. Than stay on your phone till it drains your battery to 10%. Than turn your phone off and wait 2 minutes. Than turn your phone back on and you should have your right charge back. If not turn your phone off for 2 minutes again. And when you do get your charge back use your phone till it’s dead and won’t turn on. Then charge your phone till it’s 100% than it’s fixed

Feb 16, 2020 1:21 AM in response to MariaArm44

Same here! iPhone with 12.4.5 and 100% battery performance (iPhone 6 replaced via waranty program) and I need charme my phone 3 times peer day. In flight mode when I sleep, 30% of the battery disapeared... Can confirm if your System files always change the size? Sometimes I have 8GB, others 10, others 13GB and this is always change size.

PS: in my iPad with this iOS version, the system files size change too.

Feb 16, 2020 1:31 AM in response to MariaArm44

Hey there,

Firstly, check your battery health from settings. if it is any below 80% thats the first cause.

Beyond that, i think the apps have gotten heavier for iPhone 6. that is an add on reason why the battery drains a lot, im sure the phone heats up on shortest notice.

try replacing the battery and if not it may be time to upgrade. I had similar issues on my iPhone 7 as well and finally i upgraded and i must say its a big relief.

Best Regards,

Surendra Patel

Feb 17, 2020 7:36 PM in response to MariaArm44

This is just apples way to force customers to upgrade and buy a newer phone. Apple was already fined for slowing down older iPhones. But the only that’s going to happen is apple is going to lose a lot of customers. Eventually people are going to get tired of all the so called bugs when they come out with a new update and stop buying iPhones.

Feb 25, 2020 4:08 AM in response to XboXEmaXX

Can you test something? Go to Settings / General / iPhone Storage and see how much the system storage occupies. My system is always changing that value. Sometimes, iPhone storage is full and the system has 12 GB in use. The more space I have on the iPhone the more the system consumes. An hour later, my iPhone's storage on the system is 6 GB, for example. It is always to change this value and the battery of the iPhone disappears so fast ... I would say that in normal use it lasts a maximum of 3 hours. I lose 30 to 40% battery every night, with it in airplane mode. I think this problem is related to the system. It doesn't make sense that iPhone system storage is constantly changing. I have to constantly charge the iPhone, or I run out of battery.

ios 12.4.5 battery drain on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.