Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I enter mail password?

Hi one of my mail accounts is offline. When I click on the indicator nothing happens. Where do I enter the password?!

I searched online and the place where it says to enter password there is no longer a password section!

Help!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 7:54 PM

When you try using the account and a password is needed, then you will be prompted to enter it. Otherwise, if you click on the Server Settings as shown in your image, then the next panel will have two sections: Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. A password field is shown in each section. Enter the email account password in each field (usually, they are the same.) Click on the Save button. When you use Mail you will not be prompted for a password at all.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 7:54 PM in response to miloinperth

When you try using the account and a password is needed, then you will be prompted to enter it. Otherwise, if you click on the Server Settings as shown in your image, then the next panel will have two sections: Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. A password field is shown in each section. Enter the email account password in each field (usually, they are the same.) Click on the Save button. When you use Mail you will not be prompted for a password at all.

Where do I enter mail password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.