Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing my IPhone Xs Max to iTunes

I have an extensive music library (40,000+songs) stored on my IPhoneXs Max and synced to ITunes on my PC. All was well with that setup but today I unfortunately ticked "Manually manage music and Videos" in the options part of ITunes. Don't ask why - I'm 70 years old- and I thought I'd learn something. Sure did!

It would appear from the message that appears and what I have read online that I cannot "untick" this box without my entire IPhone library going. Is that correct? I realise that I still have my music saved in ITunes so syncing again will put it back on the IPhone. Is that correct?

I would have loved a warning associated with the manage music manually saying WARNING WARNING

Any help appreciated Thank you

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 11:44 PM

As long as you have your music still saved in iTunes on your computer, you're save.

If you clicked on "Apply changes" and on "Sync" after that, iTunes will make the changes to your phone.

The only way to revert that, would be selecting "Entire music library" again and let iTunes sync the complete library to your phone again.

Backing up your iTunes library might also be a good idea, if you haven't already:

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 11:44 PM in response to garyfromcoomera

As long as you have your music still saved in iTunes on your computer, you're save.

If you clicked on "Apply changes" and on "Sync" after that, iTunes will make the changes to your phone.

The only way to revert that, would be selecting "Entire music library" again and let iTunes sync the complete library to your phone again.

Backing up your iTunes library might also be a good idea, if you haven't already:

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Syncing my IPhone Xs Max to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.