Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 not connecting to 4g

Im currently in Japan. I have an unlocked iPhone 6 from the UK, and put in my Japanese SIM card, which has been working (and still is working) in 2 other phones I’ve tried, including one iPhone 4 from the UK. However, in this iPhone 6, the service provider shows up in top left corner and it says 3G, but there is no internet connection whatsoever. Apart from wifi of course.

There are no profiles installed on the phone, and no APN option in settings. Can anyone help??

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 12:20 AM

Did you try to set it up as new device, with the new SIM inserted, to make sure that all carrier settings are updated as well?

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you already did,the issue might be hardware related, and the built in LTE chip does not support the different LTE frequencies used in the Japan.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2020 12:20 AM in response to lucy.zar

Did you try to set it up as new device, with the new SIM inserted, to make sure that all carrier settings are updated as well?

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you already did,the issue might be hardware related, and the built in LTE chip does not support the different LTE frequencies used in the Japan.

iPhone 6 not connecting to 4g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.