Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone disconnects from Windows 10 PC during import / transfer of videos

Since the rollout of iOS 13 I am unable to import, transfer or move video's from my phone to my PC. During the transfer a message will pop up that the device has been disconnected and transfer stops before being completed. This does not happen during photo transfer. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 3:19 AM

This usually happens due to an error during file conversion step. On your phone, go to Settings - Photos, then scroll to the very bottom and set "Keep originals" instead of "Automatic". After this, try to transfer your videos.

If it still gives an error, I would try third-party apps for photos/videos transfer, never had issues with them. iMazing is good from what I've used, but quite a few of alternatives on the web.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 3:19 AM in response to Robicku

This usually happens due to an error during file conversion step. On your phone, go to Settings - Photos, then scroll to the very bottom and set "Keep originals" instead of "Automatic". After this, try to transfer your videos.

If it still gives an error, I would try third-party apps for photos/videos transfer, never had issues with them. iMazing is good from what I've used, but quite a few of alternatives on the web.

iPhone disconnects from Windows 10 PC during import / transfer of videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.