Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health

Hello!

I am worried because I bought my new phone XS Max back in July of 2019 and yesterday I checked the battery health percentage and it was 95%. I charged it overnight and when I woke up un the morning I checked it again and it was 92%!!! How can it drop 3% for only 7 hours I don’t understand. I also read online that if you let the iPhone battery to drop to 0% and recharge it regularly, it damages the battery. I have done that a handful of times actually but I didn’t know that it damages the battery. Anyway let me know if you have anything helpful on what should I do.

Thank you!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 6:15 AM

It doesn’t damage the battery provided it’s charged reasonably quickly after reaching 0%. It would damage it is it’s not charged and self discharge brings it to a deep discharge state, but that would mean at the very least weeks of without being charged. And jumps in battery health are just reassessments of the estimation model. It happens.

6 months to 92% isn’t all that bad. And Apple isn’t going to do anything about it just because of a number. The only thing that could do anything is if it’s under 80% during the warranty or AppleCare period.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 6:15 AM in response to armela66

It doesn’t damage the battery provided it’s charged reasonably quickly after reaching 0%. It would damage it is it’s not charged and self discharge brings it to a deep discharge state, but that would mean at the very least weeks of without being charged. And jumps in battery health are just reassessments of the estimation model. It happens.

6 months to 92% isn’t all that bad. And Apple isn’t going to do anything about it just because of a number. The only thing that could do anything is if it’s under 80% during the warranty or AppleCare period.

Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.