Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot

The Instant Hotspot feature of IOS may be causing a glitch when

using an iPhone to create a Hotspot for a laptop. After switching on Hotspot on

my iPhone 8, the Hotspot is visible on my iPad. However, the hotspot is not

visible on my laptop (Dell Latitude 7490). The glitch occurs when my iPhone is

connected to my Home WiFi Network. Workaround is to disconnect my iPhone from

Home WiFi Network or use a wired/USB connection.  Do you have any suggestions for fixing

glitch?

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 9:16 AM

Another user mentioned to me that iPhone hotspots are only temporarily visible when switched on. He recommended that users , go to Setting>Personal Hotspot on iPhone and then remain in the menu (where is has the on/off setting for the Hotspot). Users must stay in the Settings Menu for Hotspot until the Hotspot shows on their laptop as an available connections. Once connected users can close Settings App.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 9:16 AM in response to MG__

Another user mentioned to me that iPhone hotspots are only temporarily visible when switched on. He recommended that users , go to Setting>Personal Hotspot on iPhone and then remain in the menu (where is has the on/off setting for the Hotspot). Users must stay in the Settings Menu for Hotspot until the Hotspot shows on their laptop as an available connections. Once connected users can close Settings App.

Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.