Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset for new iPhone 8

I received a new iPhone 8 as an upgrade to a company phone. I began setting up as a New Phone, updated the iOS to 13.3.1. Got to "Software Update Complete" select Continue and see a screen stating...

Installing configuration from “my company...Inc.”

Profile installation Failed

The profile “Microsoft.Profiles.MDM” must

be installed interactively.

I cannot go forward or backward from here to do anything. When I try the fix that includes accessing the Recovery Mode screen and I select Restore from iTunes I get "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "iPhone". Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later." Is this because i started the install on iTunes on my home laptop last night and then tried to restore it using iTunes on my work laptop today?

Very frustrated right now. I just want to go back to when I took it out of the box and set up as a new phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 10:47 AM

Take it to your IT department or whoever is responsible for your company's phones.

They are apparently using an MDM to manage company owned devices. The profile push from the MDM is failing. They need to fix that.

7 replies

Factory reset for new iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.