Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call from Apple Support

Received a call from “Apple”. They wanted to let me know that my ICloud was being used by someone in Mexico. They asked me to go to my computer and they would help me fix the problem. In the meantime I went online and asked about phone calls from Apple. I was instructed to contact Apple and find out if this was a legitimate call. I checked on this website on the status of the ICloud and it came up as everything is working fine. So should I be sure that I am okay now?

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 11:09 AM

Since Apple will not cold call a customer with that, or any other information, the call was an attempt to steal your Apple ID credentials. Since we have no idea of what information you may have provided, you should consult: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support for other possible precautions.

If you provided any financial details, also be sure to contact your card provider.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2020 11:09 AM in response to SRN45

Since Apple will not cold call a customer with that, or any other information, the call was an attempt to steal your Apple ID credentials. Since we have no idea of what information you may have provided, you should consult: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support for other possible precautions.

If you provided any financial details, also be sure to contact your card provider.

Call from Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.