Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching photos to email using Photos on iMac

Is it possible to attach a photo to an email rather than incorporating it within the body of the message? I'm using Photos on my iMac.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 6:03 PM

There are two options to what you want to do:

1 - export to the Desktop, put the photo in a folder and add the folder to the email.

2 - export to the Desktop, Control (right) - click on it and compress the file. Add the compressed file to the email.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 6:03 PM in response to calicocat4

There are two options to what you want to do:

1 - export to the Desktop, put the photo in a folder and add the folder to the email.

2 - export to the Desktop, Control (right) - click on it and compress the file. Add the compressed file to the email.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

Feb 15, 2020 11:17 AM in response to calicocat4

Hi calicocat4,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you like to add a photo as an attachment instead of part of the message body. I’ll be happy to help with this.

You can send photos directly from the Photos app or from Mail. In either case, the photos will show as part of the message on your iPhone. How it appears on the receivers end depends on their mail client. One option may be to add the photos to the bottom of the message, after the body. You can read more about this here:

How to send attachments in Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers.

Attaching photos to email using Photos on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.