Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get into phone at all

ive tried contacting support a few times and have gotten nowhere.. is there any way to bypass the activation lock? I would really like access to my new phone.. right now I cant access a thing. would be great if the phone could finally be unlocked at some point.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:57 PM

CAn't have an activation lock for a brand new phone that I assume you bought from an authorized Apple dealer, if you did return it.

If you bought it used then click here Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 14, 2020 4:21 PM in response to Hennyroze

For not the first time that this question has been posted, there is no bypass for Activation Lock other than with the password to the Apple ID that established the activation lock, or by presenting the original purchase receipt and matching photo ID and the iPhone to the folks at Apple.

You apparently have what is effectively if not actually a lost or stolen iPhone, and there is intentionally no bypass for what is a theft-deterrent mechanism.

Return this to the seller for an unlock, or for a refund.

As the seller is quite possibly unavailable as is often the case in these questions, turn this into the local police.

What you’re asking here for would make it vastly easier to re-sell stolen goods, which would be expected to increase thefts, which would cause (more) problems for everybody with an iPad or iPhone. Again, activation lock is a theft-deterrent.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

cant get into phone at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.