Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Screen not working and a black line in screen

My iPad screen isn’t working and it has a black line with a circle on both sides of the line. It’s the iPad Air 2 so I can’t reset it. Please help.

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 4:09 AM

Before trying anything else, attempt a forced-restart of your iPad. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears on-screen (typically 10 seconds), then release both buttons and allow the iPad to restart.

If this doesn’t resolve the problem, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where your iPad can be tested and receive attention if needed.

I hope you find this helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 4:09 AM in response to TianaPapa

Before trying anything else, attempt a forced-restart of your iPad. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears on-screen (typically 10 seconds), then release both buttons and allow the iPad to restart.

If this doesn’t resolve the problem, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where your iPad can be tested and receive attention if needed.

I hope you find this helpful.

iPad Screen not working and a black line in screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.