Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use of iPhone motion in Photos app to view a panorama photo

I was using a workplace chat app I have on my iPhone XR, which behaves sort of like text messaging. Someone posted a panorama photo, and I could pan the image by moving the phone (like you do when first taking a panorama shot). By this, I know my iPhone has a gyroscope feature, because this app uses it successfully.

As far as I can tell, iPhone's Photos app can't do this. It doesn't support phone motion as a way to view panorama shots. Instead you can only pan the image by swiping it with your finger. Does anyone know how to enable phone motion (the gyroscope feature) to view panoramas in iPhone Photos?

I heard the facebook app can do this. But can you use the facebook app to view images in your phone's camera roll?

Rumor has it that the "privacy and security" section of Safari iOS settings include an item for enabling motion detection. But my iPhone XR doesn't show one. And that only applies to the browser, which iPhone Photos doesn't even use. But this may be matter for another topic.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 11:09 PM

I use a third party app for this which is available on App Store

2 replies

Use of iPhone motion in Photos app to view a panorama photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.