Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos on Mac(how to remove them) ?

Hello,

I have a question. I payed for 50GB iCloud storage on my iPhone and I then found that every photo is even on my MacBook and it takes 21GB. How can I remove the photos now from my MacBook. I don't want iCloud to store my photos on the Mac because it has 256GB and I already have a 60GB backup of my phone on it...

If I delete them from the Photos app on the MacBook are they going to be deleted on my iPhone as well?

I will be happy if someone can help me with this problem. :)

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 10:40 AM

Go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and turn off iCloud by unchecking iCloud Photo Library syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and uncheck Photos syncing. That should stop your computer from syncing photos to iCloud. After doing that, you should be able to delete the photos from the Photos app on the computer without affecting the photos stored in iCloud.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2020 10:40 AM in response to Hborislavov

Go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and turn off iCloud by unchecking iCloud Photo Library syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and uncheck Photos syncing. That should stop your computer from syncing photos to iCloud. After doing that, you should be able to delete the photos from the Photos app on the computer without affecting the photos stored in iCloud.

iCloud photos on Mac(how to remove them) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.