Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save photos downloaded onto a Mac, when deleting them in icloud?

When I try deleting photos on icloud to free up space, I'm given a warning that these will be deleted from ALL my devices.

I don't want them deleted on my devices , I only want to delete from my icloud account.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for any insights!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 9:07 AM

Hi fi99, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to delete your photos on your iCloud to free up some space, but keep the photos on your devices.

Do you have iCloud Photos enabled on your devices?

As mentioned in the article below, "When you delete a photo or video from the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, it also deletes from your iCloud Photos and any other devices where you're signed in to iCloud Photos."

Get help with iCloud Photos

If iCloud Photos is not enabled on your device, you can go to our iCloud page and manage your photos there, and the photos on your device will not be affected.

iCloud

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2021 9:07 AM in response to fi99

Hi fi99, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to delete your photos on your iCloud to free up some space, but keep the photos on your devices.

Do you have iCloud Photos enabled on your devices?

As mentioned in the article below, "When you delete a photo or video from the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, it also deletes from your iCloud Photos and any other devices where you're signed in to iCloud Photos."

Get help with iCloud Photos

If iCloud Photos is not enabled on your device, you can go to our iCloud page and manage your photos there, and the photos on your device will not be affected.

iCloud

Take care!

How to save photos downloaded onto a Mac, when deleting them in icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.