Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Won't Finish Installing

I tried to install the "Catalina" update on my MacBook Air yesterday and encountered a small problem. I know quite a few people have had trouble with Catalina correctly installing, since I tried to look up solutions before coming here. However, my problem seems slightly different from everything I've found on the internet. Rather than Catalina refusing to install at all or giving me an error message, it seemed to be properly installing, then just...got stuck. My computer is claiming 8.16 GB out of 8.16 GB have been downloaded, which suggests it's finished, but the blue bar showing the progress of the update won't finish filling. I've waited for about an hour and nothing has happened.

Here's a screenshot:

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 5:44 PM

Sorry to reply to myself, but I don't know how to edit the actual post.

SOLVED. Downloading the update in safe mode was successful, and upon returning to regular mode everything seems alright.

Similar questions

1 reply

Catalina Won't Finish Installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.