Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes session has expired message and can't correctly login

I changed my apple password and I am now unable to fully log into my account in iTunes. The message "your itunes session has expired" keeps popping up. I enter the user and password correctly, and it takes the password but when I try and play apple music I am prompted to enter my password again? I am entering the password correctly. I am running Max Sierra and iTunes 12.8.3. I can't update beyond this. Any help would be appreciated?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 4:51 AM

I was finally able to log into iTunes on my iMac. I think the issue was I was logged into iTunes on a Windows PC that shared the same iTunes library. The program wasn’t running on the Windows PC but once I started iTunes and logged in on Windows it seemed to fix my issue on the iMac. May have just been a coincidence but it is running now. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2020 4:51 AM in response to HardKnoxBowling

I was finally able to log into iTunes on my iMac. I think the issue was I was logged into iTunes on a Windows PC that shared the same iTunes library. The program wasn’t running on the Windows PC but once I started iTunes and logged in on Windows it seemed to fix my issue on the iMac. May have just been a coincidence but it is running now. 

iTunes session has expired message and can't correctly login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.